LIKEtoKNOW.it (also known as “LTK”) is a tool bloggers and influencers have been using for years, yet the question lingers – what is it?
Well, it’s your lucky day because I’m here to tell you exactly what you need to know about LIKEtoKNOW.it so you never have to wonder again!
Simply put, LIKEtoKNOW.it is a platform built by RewardStyle that helps take the guesswork out of where your favorite bloggers and Instagrammers purchased items in their posts (whether that be fashion or home décor) because they source and link it for you. While I use this service as a blogger, I also use it as a consumer and I love it for both!
Until 2017 it was a web based social shopping service that you signed up for with an email address and password. It would then email you links to items from photos you like on Instagram that had the LTK extensions in the post (as shown in the example above).
In 2017 they launched their own app with a few new features that I think are pretty dang cool!
THE APP FEATURES & BENEFITS
- You can follow your favorite bloggers in the LTK app (click here to download the app and follow your favorites - I hope I make the cut!)
- You can screenshot your favorite LTK posts on social media and it will publish the post and link information right to your app so you can go back to reference it any time! The sophistication of that technology has amazed me from the moment they released it.
- You can search for your favorite bloggers in the app to follow, or use the explore feature to find new ones!
One thing to keep in mind is that retailers have to be affiliated with LTK for items to be linked. They’ve grown their list quite a bit which broadens the product base for us bloggers to bring you the most accurate products links, but if you find that a product isn’t linked in a post it’s either because:
- That particular store isn’t affiliated with LTK (HomeGoods is a good example), or
- That particular product isn’t available online. In that case I try to link something similar for you guys.
THE NITTY GRITTY
LTK is an affiliate program so bloggers do make a very small commission on any products you purchase through their links, but I want to be very clear about something – it does NOT cost you any extra. Commission percentages vary per retailer, so we may make .30 cents on something you purchase through a link or we may make $10 on something you purchase through an affiliate link, but either way it is not costing you an extra to purchase said item.
The reason bloggers use affiliate links vary. For me, I like to use it as a way to keep my blog clean and ad free so I can continue to bring you DIYs, tutorials and design content.
Well, there you have it – everything you need to know about Like to Know It. I hope you’ll give it a try! Remember, I have my favorite bloggers that I follow too and use this app as a consumer as well as a blogger and love it for both!
Bloggers do have to apply and be accepted to the program as LTK wants to make sure you’re receiving quality content, so if you’re a blogger that’s interested in applying for an account with them then contact me and I’ll send in a referral for you!