If you haven't had cake in a mug for breakfast, you're not living! This is legit my favorite breakfast to whip up when I wake up with a sweet tooth, or need to kill a dessert craving after dinner.
If you make a batch of the cheesecake topping ahead of time (or skip it altogether because the cake is delicious on its own), then this mug cake takes less than 5-minutes to prepare and 90 seconds to cook. Can't beat that when you're in a hurry!
Before I go any further, I have to give credit where credit is due. I found this recipe on Gnom-Gnom.com and just added peppermint extract. A lot of the keto mug cakes I've tried are super dry, but this is incredibly moist and delicious. I've concluded it's because of the coconut oil, because the dry ones I've tried don't call for the oil. If you dislike choking on your food, and I imagine you do, then that simple ingredient is a game changer!
[SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE RECIPE]
This post may contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
It's honestly just as delicious without the cheesecake frosting as it is with it!
90-second Keto Thin Mint Mug Cake [w/ Cheesecake Frosting]
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol (I like Lakanto because it doesn't leave an aftertaste)
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Golden Flaxseed Meal, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- Add the coconut oil to a microwaveable large mug or small bowl (melt in the microwave for 10-20 seconds if it's solid)
- Add the cocoa, sweetener and peppermint extract and whisk until combined (the batter will be thick)
- Whisk in the egg
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients until everything is well combined
- [If you made the batter in a bowl, transfer it to the mug] put the mug in the microwave and cook for 80-90 seconds (time may vary depending on your microwave)
[CLICK HERE for the Cheesecake Frosting/Dip recipe I use]
VARIATION: Top with Keto Cheesecake Frosting and/or sprinkle with Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips.
Pin this image…